Data Science Club
Our mission is to help students of all skill levels (first year to PhD) learn about data science and machine learning through tutorials, presentations from industry professionals, and hands-on experience.
Lucid Meet and GreetOct. 3, 2022 from 11:30am MT - 12:30pm MT, WEB Catmull Gallery.
Starting out in the industry as a new software engineer can be a daunting task. From navigating huge code bases to dealing with emergencies in the production system, it can feel overwhelming.
Come meet with a group of engineers from Lucid, the makers of Lucidchart and Lucidspark, to chat about what it's like to work in the industry and how to set yourself up for success.
Ready to Join?
Thanks for the interest! We always welcome new members!
To officially become a member, here’s what you need to do:
- Join us on GetInvolved here
To get updates about club events and happenings:
- Join our Discord server here
- Join our mailing list by following the instructions here
- Follow us on Instagram @uudatascience
Want to get in touch with us?
We’d love for you to reach out to us about any events you’d like to happen, ideas you have, or interest you have in becoming involved in club leadership! To contact us directly, email the club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some resources to help you on your journey to learn data science! These resources only scratch the surface, so if you come across anything you find useful or enlightening please reach out to the club leadership so we can put it here.
Our Seminar Recordings
- UCDS Seminar, Spring 2021.
- UCDS Seminar, Fall 2020.
- Check out our 2020 Summer Seminar Series here. We recorded all of the talks for your viewing pleasure!
Resources for Finding Data Science Progams
- Data Science Programs - This is a comprehensive guide for Data Science that includes career profiles, licensing and certification data by state, interviews with Data Science professionals, and occupational outlooks for the industry.
Python Introduction Resources
Introductory Machine Learning Resources
- Harvard’s Free Introduction to AI Course
- How to Learn Data Science and Machine Learning
- A Visual Introduction to Machine Learning
- Data Science Tutorials on Kaggle
- Intro to Machine Learning, Udacity
- Machine Learning Online Course, Coursera
- Free Kaggle Machine Learning Tutorial